Designed by: Michele Foster
Finished size: 20″ square
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Techniques: Paper piecing, pieced borders
Price: $4.00 (USD)
Format: PDF file (download and save instantly) [9 pages]
Quilters’ Flowers is a fun, whimsical and EASY paper-pieced mini quilt that’s perfect for the confident beginner as there are no seams to match. The finished project is 20" square and can be used as a wall hanging or a table topper. The mini quilt is perfect to show someone special you care for Easter, Mother’s Day, birthdays or any special occasion. It’s a great project for using up fabric scraps.
- Various scraps for the leaves, flowers and pieced border patches. One quarter of a fat quarter for each colour should be enough.
- One half of a fat quarter for the background fabric.
- One half of a fat quarter for the inner and third borders.
- One half yard for the outer border and binding.
- 25" square of fabric for the back.
- 24" square of batting.
- General paper piecing and quilting supplies (i.e. rotary cutter, mat, sewing machine, piecing thread, foundation papers, etc.)
Please note that general instructions on how to paper piece are not included with this pattern. If you are new to paper piecing, I suggest my Paper Piecing Tutorial for Beginners booklet. A complete cutting chart for all patches and full-sized paper piecing templates are included in the pattern.
This pattern, tutorial, photos and drawings are copyright Michele Foster of Mishka’s Playground. Please respect my copyright and do not copy this pattern or republish it, for free or for sale, in print or online. You may use this pattern for your own personal use to create products for free or for sale. No mass production is allowed.