Designed by: Michele Foster
Finished size: 16″ square
Skill Level: Beginner
Techniques: Paper piecing, pieced borders
Price: $2.95 (USD)
Format: PDF file (download and save instantly) [5 pages]
Pumpkin Topiary is a fun and EASY paper-pieced project that’s perfect for the beginner as there are no seams to match. The finished mini quilt can be used as a wall hanging or a table topper. It’s perfect for the Halloween and Thanksgiving seasons. Use a wide-variety of orange fabrics to create the pumpkin bodies. Fabrics with small prints or those that “read as solids” will work best for the pumpkins.
- Various strips of orange fabrics for the pumpkin bodies.
- 4″ squares of yellow and green for the moon and top hat, respectively.
- One fat eighth for the background.
- One fat eighth for the inner border.
- One fat quarter for the outer border and binding.
- 18″ square of fabric for the back.
- 18″ square of batting.
- General paper piecing and quilting supplies (i.e. rotary cutter, mat, sewing machine, piecing thread, foundation papers, etc.)
Please note that general instructions on how to paper piece are not included with this pattern. If you are new to paper piecing, I suggest my Paper Piecing Tutorial for Beginners booklet.
The pattern price is just $2.95 (USD) and payments are processed via PayPal. You can select the Add to Cart button below or purchase this pattern from my Craftsy library.
The PDF file is delivered automatically to the email address used in your PayPal account. Please be sure to download and save the file to your computer right away as the download link will expire.
This quilt design, tutorial and all photos are copyright Michele Foster of Mishka’s Playground. Please respect my copyright and do not copy the tutorial or republish it, for free or for sale, in print or online. You may use this tutorial for your own personal use to create products for free or for sale. However, please credit Michele Foster of Mishka’s Playground for the design. No mass production is allowed.