Designed by: Michele Foster
Finished size: 10" x 6" each
Skill Level: Beginner
Technique: Fused appliqué
Price: $2.95 (USD)
Format: PDF file (download and save instantly) [8 pages]
Impress your friends and family with these colourful and easy-to-make Patchwork Christmas Mug Rugs. Each mug rug finishes at 10" x 6". They make the perfect hostess gift, teacher’s gift and stocking stuffers for your loved ones. Make up a bunch in advance for last-minute gift giving this holiday season.
The pattern includes two fused appliqué designs (ornaments and trees) and instructions for using fabric scraps to make your own colourful patchwork fabric. Full-sized placement guides and a separate pattern page are provided. Detailed instructions, hints & tips, product recommendations and colour photos are provided throughout.
The pattern price is just $2.95 (USD) and payments are processed via PayPal. Select the Add to Cart button below or purchase this pattern from my Craftsy library.
The PDF file is delivered automatically to the email address used in your PayPal account. Please be sure to download and save the file to your computer right away as the download link will expire.
This quilt design, tutorial and all photos are copyright Michele Foster of Mishka’s Playground. Please respect my copyright and do not copy the tutorial or republish it, for free or for sale, in print or online. You may use this tutorial for your own personal use to create products for free or for sale. However, please credit Michele Foster of Mishka’s Playground for the design. No mass production is allowed.
The requirements below are for making both the Patchwork Ornaments and Patchwork Trees mug rugs.
- Various scraps approximately 3 to 4"
- One (1) 8" x 11" piece of light weight muslin or broadcloth (inexpensive)
- One (1) 8" x 11" piece of lightweight fusible woven interfacing (optional)
- Two (2) 10.25" x 6.25" for appliqué background fabric
- Scrap of brown fabric for the tree trunks
- Two (2) 11" x 7" pieces backing fabric
- Two (2) strips 2.25" x 40" for binding
- Half yard paper-backed fusible web (such as Wonder Under or Heat’n Bond Lite)
- Two (2) 10.25" x 6.25" pieces of lightweight fusible woven interfacing or wash away stabilizer
- Two (2) 11" x 7" pieces batting
- General quilting supplies (i.e. rotary cutter, mat, sewing machine, piecing thread, etc.)
The first three items above are used in making the colourful Patchwork Fabric. If you wish, you can use scraps of cotton fabrics for the appliqué shapes instead of making your own fabric as shown in the samples.